Sunday, June 12, 2011

The last few weeks..

Life has been a whirlwind up to this point, and I haven't even been writing in my blog since I've been here!

I guess I should start with the last few weeks of college and graduation. I had an amazing last couple of weeks of school. Finals were easy and I tried to savor every moment I could in Auburn before I had to leave. The weekend before finals I went to DC for the O'Boyle wedding which was fun and a nice way to relax before finals started.

The following week was finals week, moving week, and time for my family to come. After frantically packing up my house every day for 4 weeks, I was ready to get my moving truck and begin the process. Of course the moving truck wasn't big enough for all of my things (shocking), so I had to go back and order a new one. After panicking for a moment, I realized that I was going to be able to get everything I needed in the truck. Since there are no boys that are willing to help me because they are all lazy, I asked my yard guy to help put the big things in the truck for me..$40 later, I was good to go.

The next day, Friday, I had my graduation pictures on Samford lawn. It was a bittersweet moment in that I was so excited to finally have my graduation pictures but it really hit me that I was going to be leaving Auburn in a few days. After taking the pictures, I ran home to finish the last little bit of packing before Joe & my family arrived the next day.

Friday night was nothing short of epic and probably one of the most fun nights I've had in Auburn with my friends. Rose, Caroline, and I decided to do our typical Hamilton's for drinks and dinner then out. I was dead set on going to Supper Club for late night drinks and I had never been so I needed to go before I graduated. Needless to say the night didn't end until around 5 AM and the night is a blur/a great success.

Saturday Joe & my family came to Auburn to help me finish moving and for graduation dinner, cookout, and to celebrate. We went to Moe's BBQ for lunch & walked around Auburn before going home to do more packing with the LeMenses and Siti. Saturday night we had a cookout for all the graduates...Rose, Crystal, Kathleen, and I along with our families. It was nice to have everyone catch up and meet for the first time..Gran & Siti (Salt & Pepper) enjoyed talking to each other all night and fell in love with each other.

Sunday was Mother's Day and we all just stayed around the house and moved the rest of my things in the truck for Brian to take back home!

Monday--Graduation day. After sleeping through 10 alarm clocks I finally got out of bed to realize it was the hottest day in Auburn so far. I have never been hotter in my entire life sitting through graduation. The girl in front of me passed out due to the heat along with a ton of people around us. But, it was finally time for me to walk across the stage..I did it! It happened so fast and was such a surreal moment in my life. I couldn't believe that college was coming to an end, and I had finally graduated. It was nice to get to walk with Melissa and was appropriate since we met the first week of college in DZ & remained friends throughout college. I walked by my family (who was sitting unusually close to the front of the stage) and was so happy that I had accomplished something that was so special in my life.

That day was marked with lunch, pictures, and leaving Auburn. I didn't get as emotional leaving Auburn as I thought I would, but it was probably because I was so tired and the moment was so surreal.

Monday night we stayed at my house in Marietta and got ready to make the drive to DC on Tuesday morning! A cool 10 1/2 something hours later, I arrived in DC (around 2 AM) exhausted, with Bella, and more important- to stay. Brian & his brother, Rick, were kind enough to drive my things up to DC with me & help me unload them in my storage unit. I will be thanking them for years to come.

The week in DC was fun and I loved getting to spend time with Joey & have Bella get used to her new life in the city. I went to NYC to visit Rachel & interview for a job (that I didn't get, thank God) and spend some time there. We left DC the following Friday for Connie & Brett's wedding in Macon which was absolutely gorgeous & so much fun. I always enjoy being around Joe's friends from college & getting to be with my family when we get back.

The following Tuesday..I was packed and ready to leave for Ireland!

No comments:

Post a Comment