Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Beginning

FINALLY! After talking about making a blog for months, I decided to sit down and do it! Since all of my friends are so creative and have the most amazing and inspiring websites, I have a little anxiety over beginning to document my life. I'd like to think I'm spontaneous and carefree and hope to reflect it in my writing!

On May 24th, I will be boarding a plane to Dublin, Ireland for 8 weeks! This blog is to document the weeks leading up to my trip, my time spent in Europe, and the period after I return, in which I'll be moving to Washington, DC.

I cannot begin this blog without saying that I am concentrated on enjoying my last couple of weeks in Auburn as a college student. Over the last 4 years, I have fallen in love with the town, college, and the people of Auburn. The love for a small southern town is only understood by those who have lived it. My heart will always be here, and I plan to visit often during football season.

In addition to enjoying my time left at Auburn, I am also counting the days until I move to DC. The city is the perfect fast-paced lifestyle that I have craved since moving to Auburn. Being from Atlanta, it was hard to get used to the slow southern feel Alabama had to offer. After enjoying every moment here, I can safely say I am ready for the sounds of cars, the traffic (yes, I just said that), and the people DC has to offer. Of course I cannot go without mentioning one of the perks of moving to the city..the boyfriend. I can't wait to be in the same city as him & it will finally be great to live a "normal" life.

During the next couple of weeks I'll be traveling to DC, Charleston, and Florida all before I leave the country. I plan on writing as much as possible as a reminder of my love of preparing for trips and to document my last few weeks as a college student.

I hope you enjoy the places I travel, my interpretation of different cultures, and my view of the world.

1 comment:

  1. As your current and only follower, I am VERY thrilled for your upcoming travels, moves etc. You will be SOOOOO thankful that you have your experiences abroad logged in writing. I visit my blog posts about my travels often its important to write things while they are happening because too soon we forget the little things. Good luck Megan! Cant wait to read!!!

    ReplyDelete